In reviewing Tori Verber Salazar’s State Bar information, it shows she graduated from the now defunct University of Northern California, Lorenzo Patiño School of Law (UNC), which was a private law school located in Sacramento, California.
As of June 30, 2013, the State Bar of California Committee of Bar Examiners did not have UNC listed as a law school; and the University of Northern California’s website does not list the Juris Doctor as one of its academic programs.
From 1997 through February 2011, 134 Lorenzo Patiño graduates took the California Bar Examination as first-time takers; of that number, 12 have passed the examination for a 9% pass rate. The state average is 62%.
Tori Verber Salazar’s now defunct alma mater did not have professional accreditation from either the ABA Office of the Consultant on Legal Education or the State Bar of California Committee of Bar Examiners. Calls to the listed number for the school were met with a message that the number was no longer in service.
Screenshot of Patiño website
It is widely rumored by detractors from within the District Attorney’s office that she took the Bar numerous times before finally passing it.
Regardless if that is true or not, her judgment continues to suggest there are major deficits in her legal education and most importantly, her judgment.
Stockton, CA – Residents who lost their homes, cars, and personal belongings directly across the street from a problem business in the 4 alarm fire May 25th are saying the City of Stockton officials are stonewalling their quest for answers and neglecting them only a week after the fire.
A resident who wishes to remain unnamed for fear of retaliation from the city says multiple additional complaints have been called in complaining about the city’s lack of cleaning up the debris from the fire and are concerned of the residue left on the street and is blowing over to what’s left of the properties.
Further adding to their frustration is the fact that they have been complaining about the property that caught fire for up to four years and the current business leading the property for over a year.
This revelation contradicts what city spokesperson Connie Cochran has told the media saying the property was recently cited May 9th and was being addressed with a scheduled action the week after it went ablaze.
In a voicemail given to 209 Times it has been confirmed that Ron Martinez from Code Enforcement, part of the Stockton Police Department, returned a call about one of those complaints that the property was a fire hazard.
Screen shot of voicemail transcript dated May 2016
Residents believe the city is dragging their feet and neglecting them out of fear residents will sue. Some of them have also confirmed that indeed that have retained legal counsel. To date the only elected official from the city who has visited them in the neighborhood is councilmember Christina Fugazi who is also organizing a spaghetti feed fundraiser dinner for the residents at the Civic Auditorium Wednesday June 7th.
A meeting has also been had with mayor Michael Tubbs at city hall whom the residents had to set up and reach out to him last week. Mayor Tubbs had present at that meeting the assistant city attorney and told them the city has no resources to help them with and instead provided them with two 31 day bus passes.
The city council will vote on the budget for fiscal year 2017-2018 with a record surplus this month. Funded will be Mayor Tubbs’ two personal assistants for $300,000 and the brand new “mobile city hall” RV for $100,000.
In the meantime residents wait for relief with no more street lights at night as they retain a great view of the new $300 million dollar court house.